Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Greetings

So I have a blog now.

This is going to be a place where I can dump my thoughts on web programming (programming for the web), standards, simplicity, accessibility, usability and all that stuff with "ity" at the end. I'll probably get sick of doing that at some point, and branch out into other areas.

I've been addicted to computers for ages. I remember Dad bringing home one of the first "portable" PCs, a big monochrome beast about 30kgs and the size of 2 slabs.
State of the art PCs ran some archaic version of DOS, there were no hard disks, you were lucky if you had 360k disks, and colours other than orange and black.

Now I've got 50 times more RAM than the size of the first hard disk we had, more colours than I can count... and anyway.. whatever :), all that bit is just an echo from the millions of others who are writing their first blog entry.

Technology rocks.

I'm gonna go try my hand at a custom template, and write another entry when I'm done.